Departure Control System - iPort
Welcome to the iPort DCS home page
iPort is a web based application suite, created and provided by Res2, in association with Travelport. Res2 is based near Utrecht in the Netherlands. Travelport is a leading provider of critical transaction processing solutions and data for the global travel industry.
A Departure Control System (DCS) provides all the IT tools that are required for the groundhandling of an airplane departure. Refer to iPort detailed pages for further explanation.
Travelport and Res2 combined their expertise in airline IT and ground handling technology in early 2008. Through this partnership, the iPort DCS was developed to bring efficiencies, flexibility and a centralised load control process through natural workflows, which can be customised to a customer's specific needs.
iPort is the first DCS that provides all the essential groundhandling functions, combined with a web based user interface. It is currently available on over 150 airports. This was achieved in just a few years. The combination of quality of service, user friendliness, ease of installation and pricing has boosted the number of customers using iPort during recent years. See details of the iPort suite for a view on the benefits that iPort offers.
The iPort suite consists of a number of modules, which are all described under the iPort Suite tab.
WOW air, Iceland.
Recent events (see full history for details)
- Sky Handling Partner (SHP) live in Shannon.
- Firenze and Pisa airports sign iPort contract.
- Bangkok Flight Services (BFS) live.
- Edinburgh activation completes WOW roll out (for now).
- Schiphol airport bagdrop upgrade.
- Eindhoven airport handles first flight (Vueling).
- Second Los Angeles terminal (Tom Bradley) added to iPort network.
- iPort activated at Nice and Lyon to handle WOW air.
- iPort activated at Los Angeles terminal 2 to handle XL Airways.